Why Have Your Wedding Dress Preserved?
Preservation is done by a Professional Preservationist, and refers to the special cleaning and packaging techniques used to ensure your gown returns to its original beauty and retains it over time.
After the wedding is over, your gown, the most expensive, elaborate and memorable item of clothing you have ever purchased, is hanging in your closet, stained, and soiled from the event. Every wedding gown should be cleaned and preserved before being stored away for more than a few weeks (even if it does not look soiled). Perspiration, food and drink, and makeup stains can show up later and become more difficult to remove. Professional Preservationists are trained to spot the unseen and fix any loose threads and beading.
These are some ideas why you should have your beautiful gown preserved:
1) Your friend, relative or daughter may want to wear it.
2) You can make it into a beautiful Christening outfit for your son or daughter.
3) You can decorate your baby’s cradle with the train of your gown.
4) For sentimental reasons, you can try your dress on year-after-year on your anniversary.
5) Some girls like to donate or sell their dress.
We partner with a high-end gown cleaning and preservation service. Their methods have been proven and recognized by the International Fabric Institute as the best methods in the gown preservation industry. They pride themselves in the highest standard of quality and care of bridal gowns in cleaning and preservation. There is no appointment needed. All you have to do is bring in the gown / veil and we take care of the rest. To ensure your gown retains it’s beauty, the gown must be preserved by a professional preservationist.